Archive of news about Beonex, as announced on the homepage
- The last release build 0.8.2-stable-1 for Windows crashes on some systems.
An updated build 0.8.2-stable-2 is available, which should fix the crash.
- Beonex Communicator 0.8.2-stable has been released.
It fixes a lot of security bugs. Updating from any previous releases is strongly recommended.
- Beonex Communicator 0.8.1-stable, based on Mozilla 1.0.1, has been released.
- Beonex Communicator 0.9-pre Linux, a Preview release based on Mozilla 1.1 final, has been released together with Mozilla 1.1.
Beonex Communicator 0.8.1-stable, based on Mozilla 1.0.1, is still in the works.
- Mozilla 1.0 and Beonex Communicator 0.8-stable (based on Mozilla 1.0 final) are released! The lizard is free, finally! Beware the Lizard! :-)
- Beonex is proud to release Beonex Communicator 0.8-pre for Windows and Linux.
- A security exploit using XMLHttpRequest in Mozilla and Netscape 6 has recently been published.
Beonex Communicator is not vulnerable to this attack.
It might, however, be vulnerable to other symptoms of the same bug.
This has been fixed in the 0.8-pre release.
- A new test version (0.8-dev-1) for Windows has been uploaded.
It is slightly older than the Linux version 0.8-dev-2.
- A new test version (0.8-dev-2) for Linux has been uploaded.
It is based on Mozilla 1.0 RC1 code.
- A new test version (0.8-dev-1) for Linux has been uploaded.
It is based on preliminary Mozilla 1.0 code.
- It seems like a spammer used one of our email addresses as From address for their spammings (the From address is trivial to forge).
If you got such a spam mail, be assured that we have absolutely nothing to do with it.
It seems like the spammer picked our address randomly (the addresses are available openly on the WWW and Usenet).
We are harmed by that much more than you are, because we get thousands of "delivery failure" messages.
And that's not even starting with the undeserved reputation loss.
If you know any information about the spammer, please tell us, so we can take legal action against him, if possible.
BTW: A general advice about spam: Never respond to it. Don't "unsubscribe" and don't complain at the sender. It will get you only more spam* or harm unrelated parties like us.
*The broken U.S. opt-out laws don't apply, because the spammers work from somewhere like Korea and somebody responding just means to them 'This email address is being read -> send more spam to it'.
Hopefully, there will be more positive news (about a new release maybe? ) soon.
- A new test version (0.7-dev-3) for Linux has been uploaded.
This one is based on Mozilla 0.9.4.1.
- A new test version (0.7-dev-2) for Linux has been uploaded.
Please disable or remove Flash and Shockwave plugins.
- German translation of the user-interface of Beonex Communicator 0.6 Preview released
- Beonex launched and Beonex Communicator 0.6 Preview released
- Release Candidates of Beonex Communicator 0.6 uploaded