Linux-specific installation instructions
- OS: A current Linux system
- Processor: min. Pentium 233
- RAM: 64 MB, 128 MB recommended
- HD: 25 MB
- Legal notes
- .tar.bz2, 11 MB
- Includes Navigator (with MathML and XSLT enabled), Composer, Mailnews, Spellchecker and ChatZilla
- While downloading, be sure to read at least the Important section of the release-notes.
- Open a shell
- Open a shell (command prompt, terminal)
- Select a directory to install Communicator in
- (You can install as root and run as normal user.)
- cd into this directory.
- Unpack the file you downloaded
- E.g. either
tar xvIf beonex-comm-0.9-stable-1-linux-i686.tar.bz2
bzip2 -dc beonex-comm-0.9-stable-1-linux-i686.tar.bz2 | tar xvf -
- Start Communicator
- Go into the Beonex Communicator installation directory (cd beonex-comm) and start ./beonex-comm.
- Additional packages
- Mailing list
- Get support
- Have fun!
- The only thing being left to say is...