Windows-specific installation instructions
This release is outdated.
Please check out version 0.8.
- OS: Windows 95, 98, ME, NT 4.0, 2000, XP
- Processor: min. Pentium 233
- RAM: 64 MB, 128 MB recommended
- HD: 25 MB
- Legal notes
Download Communicator for Windows
(.zip, 6.4 MB)
Includes Navigator (with MathML and XSLT enabled), Composer, Mailnews, ChatZilla and PSM
If you don't know what a PGP-Signature is, you don't need to worry about it.
While downloading, be sure to read at least the Important section of the release-notes.
- Extract zipfile
- Doubleclick on the downloaded file
- If Windows didn't recognize the filetype (i.e. a dialog comes up asking you to select a program with which to open the file),
install an unzipper and then try again.
- Extract the contained files into a temporary directory, e.g. c:\windows\temp.
- Run Setup
- Go into the directory with the extracted files and start Setup.exe.
- Follow the instructions.
- Start Beonex
e.g. via Start|Programs|Beonex|Beonex Communicator
- Install additional packages
- Mailing list
- Have fun!
- Get support