Windows-specific installation instructions
- OS: Windows 95, 98, NT 4.0 or 2000
- Processor: min. Pentium 233
- RAM: 64 MB, 128 MB recommended
- HD: 20 MB
- Legal notes
While downloading, be sure to read at least the Important section of the release-notes.
- Extract zipfile
- Doubleclick on the downloaded file
- If Windows didn't recognize the filetype (i.e. a dialog comes up asking you to select a program with which to open the file),
install WinZip and then try again.
- Extract the contained files into a temporary directory, e.g. c:\windows\temp.
- Run Setup
- Go into the directory with the extracted files and start Setup.exe.
- Follow the instructions.
- Create a new profile
If Netscape 6 was installed on the same system,
create a new profile for Beonex only.
You can do that with the Profile Manager,
which you can start via e.g. Start|Programs|Beonex|Profile Manager.
- Start Beonex
e.g. via Start|Programs|Beonex|Beonex Communicator
- Install additional packages
- Mailing list
- Have fun!
- Get support