Unix-specific installation instructions
- Linux 2.2 or higher
- glibc 2.1 or higher
- Std. C++ libraries for gcc 2.95
- GTK+/glib 1.2
- Processor: min. Pentium 233
- RAM: 64 MB, 128 MB recommended
- HD: 25 MB
- Legal notes
While downloading, be sure to read at least the Important section of the release-notes.
- Open a shell
Open a shell (command prompt, terminal) as normal user
- Select a directory to install Beonex in
The user which will use Beonex must have write-access to that directory.
(This is a bug and will be fixed later.)
cd into this directory.
- Unpack the file you downloaded
tar xvIf beonex-0.6-pre-linux.tar.bz2
bzip -dc beonex-0.6-pre-linux.tar.bz2 | tar xvf -
- Start Beonex
- Go into the Beonex installation directory (cd beonex) and start ./beonex.
- Additional packages
- Mailing list
- Have fun!
- Get support